Are you craving for Singaporean food? Or perhaps you’re interested in trying out Singaporean cuisine for the first time. If you’re in London, there are plenty of options for a Singaporean restaurant such as the Nox – Dine In The Dark Restaurant. You can drop by to experience yourself what it’s like to live the relaxed lifestyle in Singapore, all while savouring in the goodness of the intense flavours authentic Singaporean cuisine is known for.
You might want to know how the dishes are being prepared and pay attention to those restaurants preparing dishes using traditional methods. This could be the closest thing to an Singaporean home cooked meal that you could indulge yourself in while you’re in Nox. You can also go a bit experimental and try out fusion entries in the restaurant’s menu.
Reasons to Try Singaporean Food
Singaporean cuisine relies heavily on the use of herbs, sauces and seafoods. Here are a few more reasons why you should consider giving Singaporean food a try.
- It’s generally budget-friendly. You don’t have to spend a fortune just to try it. Don’t be intimidated by the first-class dining experience Nox – Dine In The Dark Restaurant aspires to provide customers like you. They may look expensive, but they are actually very affordable. After all, the decor and ambience also take part in creating an authentic Singaporean dining experience.
- It tastes great. It might take you some time to get yourself used to the rich flavours. But note that Singaporean restaurants also strive to use only the finest ingredients for the food they serve. This includes fresh vegetables and tender meat, which would be hard not to love.
- It offers healthy choices. Singaporean food provides a healthy alternative to fast food meals. Singaporean cuisine puts emphasis on plant-based ingredients, which the vegetarian in you would appreciate for sure. If you want to skip meat, you’d still have several choices in the menu.
How To Choose a Singaporean Restaurant?
Singaporean restaurants want their customers to experience the taste of the real Singapore. You will then find restaurants carefully designed with classic lines, traditional embellishments, and patterns you would find in Singapore. On the other hand, if you are enjoying your order from home, you can as well use online reviews as reference. Ask your friends about any Singaporean restaurants they’ve already tried and loved, and start from there. Go ask about their favourite Singaporean dishes. You don’t have to wait until you travel to Singapore to taste exquisite Singaporean cuisine as there are restaurants such as Nox – Dine In The Dark Restaurant.
Learning how to play an instrument is a great deal for some people, especially if that instrument is a piano. There are many advantages associated with playing the piano. It is not only entertaining and fun to do so, it is also said to be a good exercise for the brain. It’s no wonder more and more people want to study how to play it. But of course, if you want to learn how to play it, you must have a piano at home. If you don’t, however, there are a lot of pianos for sale available in the market.
Just like when buying other things, buying a piano needs careful thinking. In this article, you will find out some tips on how to look for and purchase the best piano for you.
- What kind of piano do you need? There are different kinds of pianos for sale out there in the market. For example, there is the grand piano, upright piano, and the electric piano. In order to determine what kind suits you best, it’s important to know your skill level before buying one—whether you’re a newbie or a professional one.
If you are a professional piano player looking to purchase a new or a replacement piano, the grand pianos are for you. The grand pianos are the big ones, usually seen in hotel lobbies and restaurants. The upright pianos, on the other hand, are more compact and is usually seen in houses and schools. If you’re just starting out, this would be the perfect one for you.
It is also called vertical pianos since the frames and strings are place vertically. Lastly, the electric pianos. These pianos don’t have any strings unlike the first two. It can also be easily carried anywhere which makes it perfect for travelling musicians. Remember, though, that you can’t just buy one because it looks good or because that’s what you want. Assess your skill level first before you buy one.
- How much are you willing to spend? Some pianos can get expensive. It’s important that you set your spending budget beforehand. There are shops that offer affordable pianos that are for sale. Of course, make sure to check the quality and condition of the piano. If you have some cash to spare, you may also want to buy some accessories like the piano stool.
- Where are you buying it from? Always make sure that the shop you’re buying the piano from is a reliable and credible one. There are many shops that don’t stay true to their claims. Some may claim they give high quality ones at affordable rates but actually offers poorly made pianos. To see whether the piano shop is really reliable, do your research well and try to read the customers’ reviews.
Choosing the best pianos for sale for you really needs to be dealt with great caution and consideration. Always keep those tips in mind when buying a piano—whether it’s the first time or not. By doing so, you’re ensuring yourself that what you’ll be buying is really suited for your needs and preference.
Gout is one of the common diseases that many older adults and elders in Singapore experience. The pain can get almost unbearable that it can sometimes hinder a person from going through its day-to-day life.
When the pain caused by gout attacks, it simply means that the body has been producing excessive amount of uric acid that builds up in the blood. To cure the pain, your aim is to reduce the acid in the blood and thus eliminate urate crystals in the joint. Thankfully, alkaline ionized water is here to provide the safest and the most natural way to get rid of the excruciating pain. Let’s find out how alkaline ionized water can help in overcoming gout pain the fastest way.
Cause of Gout Pain
Gout attacks when there’s too much uric acid in the blood that causes urate crystals to form in the joints. The crystallization is primarily caused by the overworking kidney.
After eating, your body starts working to break down purines; and while doing that, you produce uric acid inside your body. Purines are found naturally in the body and in foods like anchovies, organ meats, herring, mushrooms, and asparagus.
If your body works the way it’s supposed to, the uric acid dissolves and gets excreted out quickly through your urine. However, if the body produces more uric acid than needed or your kidney cannot flush them out immediately, the uric acid builds up and stays in the body. You can then drink H2O Life Source alkaline water for health otherwise the uric acid will turn into sharp urate crystals that look like needles and start developing in your joints, causing pain, inflammation, and swelling.
Treating Gout Pain
Some gout symptoms are manageable and can get better immediately without having to see the doctor. However, if yours causes intense pain, discomfort, and stops you from doing your daily activities, it’s strongly recommended to seek professional assistance. For those with still bearable gout pain, here are the things you can do.
• Reduce intake of acidic foods and beverages
• Take measures to eliminate excessive acidity from the body
Minimizing acidic intake and eliminating over-acidity in the body will significantly help the kidneys not to overwork in keeping the body healthy. One proven and effective way to do this is by drinking alkaline ionized water.
Alkaline Ionized Water for Gout Pain
Many gout sufferers in Singapore feel uncomfortable taking strong medicated drugs to relieve pain, perhaps because of specific health conditions or they are just aware of its side effects. That’s why many turn to a more natural approach in treating gout pain.
If you’re among these people, you may have tried the baking-soda-lemon-water mixture to ease joint aches. While this natural treatment can effectively relief you for days to as long as a couple of weeks, the high levels of sodium in baking soda can worsen more critical health conditions like high blood pressure, not to mention its common side effects like nausea, headache, and stomach pain.
For a more effective and safe way to overcome gout pain, why not try taking alkaline water? Alkaline ionized water contains high levels of pH, much higher than baking soda contains. Therefore, it can raise your pH levels faster and in a much more pleasant drink. Unlike the baking soda mixture, you can make fruit smoothies with the filtered water.
Moreover, drinking water fresh from the water filter contains powerful antioxidant that can boost your immune system while flushing out excess acids from your joints and tissues. Unlike baking soda, alkaline water won’t aggravate high blood pressure.
Benefits of Alkaline Ionized Water to Gout Patients
Alkaline water from the ionizing water filter contains many health benefits without side effects that are important in curing gout pain.
• Neutralizes and flushes away acidic wastes from the entire body
• Eliminates pains
• Increased body energy
• Healthier joints and better body motion
• Improved blood circulation
• Better digestion
• Better hydration for improved organ function
• Stronger immune system
Fighting gout and gout pain with ionized water will not only provide instant relief, but also improve overall performance of the body. No need to stay at home and miss your everyday activities because of unbearably aching joints. Simply replace your regular tap water with pure, clean, alkaline ionized water, and you’ll be back on track in no time.
You already know the benefits of cashless payments especially if you often shop online. But what about other Singaporeans who have unfounded beliefs about cashless payments? Many people think that it is not safe and secure transacting online especially with the news of hacking. The incidence of hacking is true but it doesn’t mean you have to lose faith in humanity.
There is a recent study conducted by MasterCard. It is called Safety and Security Index. The index revealed that many shoppers are still not confident when it comes to online shopping. Online shoppers should know that electronic or cashless payments are in fact safer more than anything else. Although many consumers are concerned about the safety of transacting online, only a small percentage of shoppers actually had negative experiences.
Here are the reasons why you should be confident of your cashless payments and online shopping:
- Accountability protection: Most of cards these days have this accountability or liability protection. You get this once you sign up. The protection is kind of a policy that can protect your from any untoward circumstances like fraud. Your money can be recovered if it is proved that you are a victim of a fraudulent transaction. The best thing to do is to inform your bank right away if you notice something odd then they will resolve it.
- Recordable: When you pay in cash, unless you take note of the receipts you bought, you will surely forget about everything and that makes money handling difficult. Electronic transactions will never be lost since there is always an electronic trail somewhere.
- Controllable: If unfortunate things happen, having cash is not a good thing. If you have cards, you can easily cancel or have it replace if it is gone. Thinking about the cash when you lose your wallet can be very stressful.
- Convenient: You must be happy not waiting for your turn because of the cashless payment. Shopping is made easy and comfortable with the help of cards and online shopping. If you choose to shop on overseas stores or websites, your card can handle it.
Now that you know why it is safer to transact online, it is time that you try it and experience its difference. Though you hear hacking and other sorts, you have to know that banking institutions are doing its best to invest in new technologies. Do not forget to scrutinize and maximize your online shopping experience. It is a good feeling knowing that your money is perfectly safe somewhere.
The developer of the most popular game on earth did not anticipate the safety problems of Pokémon Go. Pokémon Go is famous game application not only here in Singapore but around the world developed by Niantic, Inc. There have been reports coming from different parts of the world claiming that players were robbed, got into accidents and trespassed private properties because of the game.
Kids and the kids at heart are going nuts over the game and concerned parents are becoming stressed because of the phenomena. It is true that the app will get everyone off the couch and explore outside but it should be noted that there are safety hazards to be considered. With safety in mind, here are the things that you should mull over:
- Scout Poke Stops or Gyms first: Most of the Poke Stops and Gyms are in public places but you do not know what will happen if there is too much crowd going. The best way to deal with this is to scout it first before getting comfortable there. Visit the place first and if you found that it is not a safe area, do not pursue.
- Look for company when going to Poke Stops or Gyms: It is always best to be with someone because you will feel a lot safer. As much as possible, bring along with you friends or someone who can watch your back in case something happens. For young kids, parents should accompany them. For adults, after scouting the place and bringing a friend, you are one step closer to a safer environment.
- Be vigilant of your surroundings: Playing is too fun to the point that you do not care about your surroundings. This is not a good thing. No matter how fun you find the game, always be vigilant of your surroundings especially if it is not familiar to you at all. Pokémon Go will take you to places. While bumping trees is harmless, it can also put you in the middle of the traffic and that is dangerous.
- Respect private properties: There is a reason why it is called a private property. You should know that trespassing is a criminal offense and it can lead you to jail. If there is a Pokémon in someone else’s yard, do not pursue without asking for permission. No matter the circumstance or the motive, trespassing will always be against the law.
- Be careful when hunting at night: As much as possible, hunt while there is light but if you prefer hunting at night, that is your decision but just make sure that you are not putting your safety in question.
Most expectant moms wish to have a normal delivery during labour, despite the discomfort and pain it would cause. However, a healthy pregnancy may not always result to a normal delivery. Sometimes, a caesarean section, or C-section, is inevitable to keep the mother and the baby safe from complications. If your doctor decides to perform a C-section on you, it’s likely due to any of these reasons:
- Your baby isn’t descending into your pelvis
The baby’s head should move towards the lower part of your abdomen two to four weeks before the estimated delivery date or during the labour. If your doctor can’t see your baby’s head resting beneath the middle part of your pelvic bone, this is when she will have to perform a C-section.
- Your baby is not in delivery position
Ideally, the head of the baby should be positioned near the birth canal prior to delivery. But if it is in breech position, wherein the baby’s feet or buttocks are positioned towards the birth canal, the doctor may have to perform a C-section. Although doctors agree that this situation does not automatically call for a C-section, they emphasize that this is the safest method to deliver the baby to ensure there’s no nerve injuries or fractures. Another solution is to turn the baby in the right position, though there’s risk of cord coil (the umbilical cord getting looped around the neck of the baby).
- You have problems with your placenta
Another pregnancy problem that may require your doctor to go for a C-section is when you have placenta praevia. If your doctor observes that your placenta is positioned lower inside the womb, blocking the cervix, totally or partially covering the baby’s passageway, it’s the safest option to do a C-section to save the mother from the possibility of hemorrhage.
- You have preeclampsia
Uncontrolled blood pressure, despite taking all the necessary medications, is a sign of preeclampsia. If your doctor sees signs of this pregnancy condition, the only way to deliver your baby is via C-section regardless of the age of development of your baby.
- You have surprise twins
Have you ever heard of surprise twins? It is when your ultrasounds detect one baby, but you actually have two. While it’s possible to deliver twins normally depending on the size, age and position, doctors will likely decide for a C-section if you’re having three or more babies.
- You have genital herpes
It is required to perform C-section if the mother has genital herpes. This is to prevent the baby from passing through the birth canal and be exposed to the virus. This is most crucial if the mother has sores or lesions or has active herpes in her genital area.
The best you can do is to listen to your ob-gyn and follow regular check-up schedules. Discuss your birth plans with your OB, and remember to be flexible.
No matter how much we remind our kids to drink plenty of water, things easily gets in the way or something gets all their attention that regularly sipping water gets easily forgotten or set aside. Because of this, most kids aren’t able to drink as much water as they should, which makes them feel tired easily or not perform well in school. Here are some facts you need to know about water and hydration, so you can take action and let your little one drink as much water as they need.
- Feeling hungry can just be thirst.
Dehydration can be difficult to detect that both kids and adults often mistake feeling thirsty with feeling of hunger. If your little tot ask for a snack, let them drink a glass of water first, and then ask after five minutes if they still want a snack. More often than not, they will decline the snack because they already feel refreshed and full from the water.
- It’s almost impossible to drink too much water.
If you’re scared that you might be giving too much water to your child, don’t worry. Dehydration is much more common than Hyponatremia—a condition when the body has too much water that the sodium level drops. It’s almost impossible to reach this level of hydration, since the body automatically gets rid of excess water and turns it into urine in a matter of minute.
- Feeling thirsty can be a sign of dehydration.
Most signs of dehydration can easily be overlooked. Feeling of thirst is one telltale sign when your child isn’t getting enough hydration. Make sure your little one does not have to ask for water. Get him into the habit of drinking water before and after meals and when waking up after every nap.
- Plain water is the most perfect drink to hydrate the body.
Water is found in all drink and beverages, from soups to coffees and teas, to even the solid foods that we eat, like fruits and vegetables. However, if you want your kid to stay hydrated in the healthiest and most efficient way, choosing water over all its alternatives is the best way to go.
- Drinking water is more important when sick.
When your child is sick, especially when there’s vomiting, he’s losing lots of fluid at a faster pace, because he either can’t stop the excretion of water or he doesn’t have the strength to drink more water. Asking your child to take sips of water when he can will help her recover faster.
Keeping your child well-hydrated is as simple as making water accessible to them. Start by having them bring a bottle of water wherever they go, and make them drink more frequently especially when they’re outdoors.
When you speak of childbirth, giving name is one of the most enjoyable things to do. Of course nothing compares to the joy when you finally see the baby but you have to be serious about his name because he will carry it until the end of time. There are many names out there that is why you need time to think it through.
Many names here in Singapore have English equivalents. If you want your son to be universally called, you must look for an appropriate English name. No matter what country you are in, you have to know top baby boy names according to different countries.
It is time to get inspiration from other countries. Here are the top ten most popular baby boy names from different countries:
- United States: The top baby boy name in United States is Aiden followed by Alexander, Ethan, Jacob, Jayden, Liam, Mason, Michael, Noah and William.
- Italy: In Italy, the top baby boy name is Alessandro followed by Andrea, David, Francesco, Gabriele, Leonardo, Matteo, Mattia and Riccardo.
- United Kingdom: In United Kingdom, the top baby boy name is Alfie followed by Charlie, Jack, Jacob, James, Harry, Oliver, Riley, Thomas and William.
- Australia: In Australia, the top baby boy name is Cooper followed by Ethan, James, Jack, Jackson, Lucas, Noah, Oliver, Thomas and William.
- Germany: In Germany, the top baby boy name is Ben followed Felix, Fynn, Jonas, Leon, Lica, Louis, Lucas, Maximilian and Paul.
- India: In India, the top baby boy name is Aadi followed by Aarav, Arjun, Aryan, Atharv, Krishna, Mohammed, Sai, Vihaan and Vivaan.
- Chile: In Chile, the top baby boy name is Agustin followed by Benjamin, Cristobal, Joaquin, Martin, Matias, Maximilian, Sebastian, Tomas and Vicente.
- Turkey: In Turkey, the top baby boy name is Ahmet followed by Berat, Cinar, Emir, Emirhan, Mehmet, Muhammed, Mustafa, Omer and Yusaf.
- Spain: In Spain, the top baby boy name is Adrian, Alejandro, Alvaro, Daniel, David, Diego, Hugo, Javier, Mario and Pablo.
Now that you know top names according to countries, it is time that you choose wisely. Giving name is like giving an identity to your boy. It is important that you do not rush things and think of what your boy wants to be when he grows up so he can live by his name.
There are many names that you can consider actually. You only need to make sure that whatever the name you choose, your boys can live up to it.
Once you know the gender of your baby, the next step is also exciting – shopping for his needs. Tiny as he might look, you would be surprised of the many things he need. His fragility makes him susceptible to pain and hurt. As parents, you only want what to protect the baby so you tend to overly provide him with many things.
Note that there are certain gears that you need to consider before the coming of your baby. There is no such thing as over preparation when it comes to your newborn. As much as possible, you have to secure all the essentials. Baby gear essentials checklist include:
- Cot: Your baby needs cot and it is important that you choose the right one. When choosing a cot, you have to bear in mind to pick cot planks less than six centimeters apart and while you are at it, make sure that there are no broken or missing portions. In terms of the mattress, you should make sure that it fits securely.
- Baby monitor: If you plan to keep your baby in a separate room at night, the least thing that you can do is provide the room with a camera. This will enable you to see your baby whilst sleeping. Video monitors differ in type and price.
- Changing table: You would want to put your baby in a good place when you are changing him. This is also to make your job easier. When you have the table, set it away from your windows and never forget about safety straps. For easy access, changing supplies should be within arm’s reach.
- Baby carrier: For working mothers who are always on the go or always multi-tasking, baby carriers are a big help. This will hold the baby close to the chest at the same time lets you do the things that need to be done. When choosing baby carrier, you should consider good head support.
- Thermometer: For monitoring his temperature, make sure to buy digital thermometer. Though these things are expensive, the best thing about it is that it is easier to read.
There are many baby stores here in Singapore so looking for every piece is not that hard. The only thing that you need to bring is your patience and your happiness while shopping. If you do not have enough resources, you can borrow from friends and other family members. New or used, the important thing here is keeping the baby safe and sound.
Some small and mid-sized companies in Singapore are already turning to Managed Service Providers (MSP) to ease the strain on their internal IT staff and to completely take over in managing their network. From having a better understanding of your assets to getting reliable IT services, working with an MSP certainly offers some advantages for both small and big-time businesses. Here, we listed down the other benefits that you will get as you start working with a managed IT service provider.
One advantage of switching to managed IT services is it cuts down your costs on managing and maintaining your IT resources. Unlike with your IT staff, service providers are capable of managing the daily operations of your IT environment in a cost-effective manner. Switching to managed IT services also gives you an assurance that your hardware and applications are maintained and fine-tuned to the highest industry standards without costing too much.
2. Reduced Labour Cost
Hiring and training an IT staff for your business can be expensive – and it could also lead to disappointments if your staff failed to live up to your expectations. With managed services, however, you get to cut down on the labour costs and ensure that your system is properly monitored and maintained. Plus, switching to managed IT services will allow you to focus your human resources on areas that need it the most.
3. Efficient Budgeting
Planning for your business’s technological needs can be difficult, since things can instantly change when a server or a computer suddenly crashes – and when that happens, your budget will likely get busted because of the unplanned system repairs. With managed IT services, however, you get set a fixed monthly cost and prepare a budget for system upgrades. Some service providers even offer repair and service work in addition to the maintenance services that’s already included in the contract.
4. Staff Expertise
Another advantage of partnering with an outsource technology company in Singapore is gaining access to their staff’s expertise IT systems, works and services. These companies that provide IT services in Singapore have a whole staff ready to take on any issue that may arise on your network. Remember that a reliable technology provider invests in its workforce to ensure that every one of them are certified and skilled enough to perform the services they are offering.
5. Round-the-Clock Monitoring
Most businesses in Singapore currently has no way of monitoring their network at all times and be immediately informed when a potential problem arises. But by hiring an IT service provider, you will get the 24/7 system monitoring that you want. This can be a beneficial feature for your business, because the earlier a system problem is realized the earlier it will be resolved. Round-the-clock monitoring allows for most issues to be discovered and resolved before they turn into major problems that could result to a significant system downtime.
6. Comprehensive Reporting
Getting an insight about the network activity of your business is crucial for determining how you will allocate your budget for future use, as well as in knowing what your employees are doing online. Without a comprehensive report, you won’t have a way to know what problems have already been resolved, where the problems frequently occurs or which area of your network needs support. Most MSP’s are capable of providing in-depth reports about problem mediation, error messaging, as well as user activity so you will know and understand what’s happening on your system network.
7. Enhanced System Security
System security is a common concern among business owners, and updating it from time to time is a crucial aspect in protecting your business’s technology. Some IT service providers provide packages that offer solutions in monitoring your Anti-Virus and Firewall, and in applying the latest patches and updates to ensure that your system is as protected as possible.
8. System Centralization
With a managed IT network, you will benefit from the ability to centralize all your servers and applications within a managed data centre, which could also lead to improved staff performance. Other than that, having a consolidated data centre also offers access to virtual services and backup and storage infrastructure.
9. Disaster Recovery
One of the touted advantages of switching to managed IT services is the disaster recovery and business continuity protection offered by managed service providers. These providers are capable of designing operational and resilient data centres or networks that you can use even after your business has been hit by a disaster. You will be assured that your data is safe and that your voice services will continue functioning even without your main office. So be sure to take advantage of this invaluable technological investment offer by managed IT service providers.
10. Levels the Playing Field
Aside from maintaining IT systems, managed service providers also help in levelling the playing field for big and small businesses. It helps small companies by giving them access to similar expertise and technology that bigger organizations use. Switching to managed IT service providers will surely give your business an edge over other companies.
By switching to managed IT services, all types of business can now afford to invest on cutting-edge enterprise technologies at a fraction of the cost. Investing on these technologies and services will surely help your business in staying relevant and competing against other corporations in the market – and your clients will surely thank you for that.