Health Benefits of Running
It is not too late to live a healthy life. It is important that you live healthy no matter how hard it might be because it is for your own benefit at the end of the day. You can begin by considering a balanced diet. You should be aware of the food you eat.
For more information about balanced diet or nutrition, you can always refer to dieticians or nutritionists. They will surely help you understand and devise a meal plan. Physical activities are recommended especially to those with sedentary lifestyle. You can strike the gym if you like or you can simply get your running shoes and hit the road. Running has a lot of health benefits.
Running can manage your weight, tone legs, fight illness, relieve stress and improve body coordination among others. In Singapore, the government is doing its best to encourage the citizens to live a healthy life. They provide running routes. If you want to set out, make sure to have a company or let someone know where you are heading in case something happens. Here’s the list of some routes you can take:
- Extended roti pata – It is 6.4 miles or 10.4 kilometres. You will pass over Ang Mo Kio and Bishan Park.
- 10km loop from Valley Park – It is 6.5 miles or 10.5 kilometres. You will pass over and circle Tanglin Road, Grange Road and Zion Road.
- 14.2 km – It is 8.8 miles or 14.2 kilometres. You will pass over Ang Mo Kio and Hougang continuing to Tampines.
- Around block 727 – It is 0.9 miles or 1.5 kilometres. You will encircle Jurong West Street 72, Jurong West Avenue and Jurong West Street 81.
- PG jogging route – It is 0.9 miles or 1.5 kilometres. You will pass over Punggol Drive and Kaladoor.