When it comes to creating a healthy complexion, a blush can work miracles – but it also doesn’t take that much to overdo it. In fact, it’s one of the few products that’s quite easy to use when you know what you’re doing, but very easy to mess up if you don’t. So to help you reach the rosy cheek potential that you’re going for, we’ve rounded up some of the common blush mistakes that you might be making, as well as the tricks on how you can stop committing them for good.
- Applying Heavy-Handedly. Unless you’re sporting an avant garde look on a couture runway, use the ‘less is more’ approach when applying your blush. Gently dab your blush brush over your chosen palette to pick a good amount of it, tap of the excess and lightly apply it over your cheeks. Just add some more blush if you’re not satisfied with its rosy effect on your cheeks.
- Using the Wrong Brush. It’s given that you’ll have a blotchy and unnatural flush if you apply your blush using an eyeshadow brush. To avoid this, use blush brushes as they are slightly larger, dome-shaped and rounded at the top – just the right kind of brush to give you the right amount of blush coverage that you need.
- Failing to Focus on Your Cheeks. The apples of your cheeks is where you should be applying your cream or powder blush to recreate the natural, rosy flush that you want to achieve. Apply it using light strokes, blending towards your temples. Always remember to blend upwards and not below your cheekbones as it’ll only make you look like you just had an intense cardio session.
- Picking the Wrong Brush Colour. We’re not saying that you can’t experiment, but if you want to play it safe, then it’s best to stick with colours that flatter your skin tone. If you’re blessed with a fair skin tone, opt for a pale pink blush, medium skin tones can rock coral shades, while dark skin tones can go with bright berry shades.
- Sticking With Powder Blush Alone. Although powder blushes are also a good choice, cream blushes tend to create a more natural-looking rosy complexion. Aside from that, they also tend to last longer compared with its powder counterpart when applied. Just apply it on your cheeks, blend it with your fingers, and voila! – A perfect rosy complexion.
A blush can really work wonders when it comes to giving you the healthy complexion that you want, and by avoiding the aforementioned mistakes, it’s now possible to achieve the rosy flush that you’ve wanted for so long.
Been fighting all the time? Bored as hell in your relationship? We’ve all been there. Experiencing relationship ruts is just normal, but it can still be isolating and frustrating every time you’re in that situation. That’s why we’ve listed down some of the simple and effective ways on how you can bring back the spark to your fizzling relationship.
- Try New Activities Together. Trying out new things together as often as possible is one of the important keys in maintaining a healthy relationship, because doing the same activities every time is what leads to boredom in a relationship. Some of the exhilarating activities that you can try include sky diving, having a couple massage, or taking a long weekend trip to a place you’ve never been before. If you’re still at loss for some good ideas, reflect on the exciting things that you did in the first few months of your relationship and try recreating those experiences.
- Talk About Each Other’s Needs. Bottling up all your needs is what decreases your relationship satisfaction and emotional well-being, and increases the chances of infidelity. So open up that bottle and discuss what you both need from your relationship, whether it’s splitting the grocery bill or a giving an emotional support.
- Go on Mini-Dates. Are you too busy to follow your date night rule? Then try eating your breakfast together, going out for lunch, or even designating 30 minutes each night for your daily talks. This one simple and easy way to stay connected with your partner.
- Express Appreciation for One Another. One simple way to do this is to name the things that you like about your partner. Challenge yourself to list the things that you like about each other and share them. Doing this will certainly make both of you feel more confident and attractive.
- Make a ‘Fantasy Jar’. Write down as many fantasies that want on pieces of paper and ask your partner to do the same thing. Once you’re done, place all the paper in a jar then take turns in picking a piece of paper and in acting out each fantasy you picked. This is surely one of the best ways to heat up your fizzling relationship.
When you’ve been together for so long, there will certainly come a time that you’ll feel bored with your relationship. But by trying out the aforementioned tricks, you’ll surely be able to get over any relationship rut and bring back how your relationship used to be.
When it comes to meeting your beau’s parents, a good first impression could mean everything! So, if you’re meeting the family for the first time, especially if it’s over a big, lovely dinner, practice these 5 tips to impress his mom and dad.
- Dress Appropriately. On your first time meeting his parents, take particular care to wear something appropriate and modest. Refrain from exposing too much skin and prefer a homey look over a stylish one. Don’t dress on something you usually wear for a night out, and choose a dress with a conservative neckline and a length that’s an inch or two above the knee.
- Keep Your Makeup Simple. Its fine to wear makeup, but don’t expect to win them over with smokey eyeshadow and bright lip colour. Keep your makeup clean and simple; just enough to enhance your natural features.
- Be Polite. Wearing the right clothes and makeup makes you look charming, but nothing beats good manners for pleasing people you just met. Flash a simple smile, show interest in meeting the family, and engage in conversations. Also, don’t forget to compliment his mom’s cooking if she happened to cook. She’ll surely love you for that.
- Refrain from PDA. Another important thing to remember is to not be overly affectionate towards your guy when in front of his parents. You can sit next to him, but as much as possible, avoid holding hands. Sure, they know that you two may have been up to some mischief, but there’s no need to flash it in their faces. Not only is it awkward, it can also speak badly of you.
- Stay Calm and Collected. However nervous you’re feeling, act as calm as you can be. Not only will it send a sign that you’re easy to get along with, it’ll also make them feel more comfortable around you. But don’t interrupt out of nervousness, too, as they might see it as an act of rudeness and not anxiety.
Now that you’ve learned some ways on how you to make good impression to his parents, all that’s left for you to do now is just be yourself. Sure enough, they’ll be able to see the reasons why their son is just so into you.
There are people who love reading more than watching motion pictures or adaptations. Reading a book is very detailed and clear whereas adaptations are amended and in the case of Fifty Shades of Grey, censored.
It is important that we get a clear picture of things so it is better to read the books rather than rely on adaptations. If we watch adaptations, we miss the opportunity to enrich our mind and our soul. When we read, we are taken to different depths and dimensions. Reading is fulfilling and for the bookworm inside us, we will be happy to know that there will be a new book by author EL James.
If we are into her genre, she confirmed on June 1 that she wrote a new ‘Fifty Shades of Frey’ novel. It has been more than three years since the last book of ‘Fifty Shades’ was released. She revealed that the book will be simply named ‘Grey’. It is from Christian Grey’s point of view. Many Christian Grey fans are clamouring because they will now know what Christian is thinking.
‘Grey’ will be released on June 18, 2015. This date is meaningful because it is his birthday. There are no reports yet whether ‘Grey’ will include some of his perspective about the first book or the three books. Regardless, fans are undeniably overjoyed about the news.
For fans here in Singapore, let us patiently wait for the book and see what Christian Grey has to say. If we did not get a chance to read the second and the third book (Fifty Shades Darker and Fifty Shades Freed), there’s still time to read it.
If our PC is a little older, we do not expect that it will run efficiently like the new ones but it can still do well given the circumstance. Instead of buying new units, we can make the most out of our old PC. We only need to give it a boost.
We can look for professionals to help us in terms of boosting our PC. For sure they have something that can assist us. If not, we can boost our PC personally. We have to learn few tricks and not depend on professionals all the time.
So, here’s how:
- Avoid unnecessary startups: When we turn on our PC, we will notice that it takes time to launch because there are many programs. Sometimes, these programs are unnecessary. We can do away with startups by removing some unnecessary programs. Let’s head to our “Start” button and then click on “Run”. We have to type “msconfig” and then click enter. The search bar will pop up and then we have to click “Startup” tab. We can decide then what programs to untick anyway we can manually open it.
- Defragment our disks: Actually, information are stored in different sections when we change or save file. This will slow down our computer because it needs to look through different sections. Defragmentation can help boost our PC. We have to go to “Computer” and click on Local Disk C. After that, we have to click on Properties then Tools and Defragment Now. It might take a while but we can just run it in the background so it will not be too much trouble.
- Clear the cache: We should not only clear our browsing history but also our cache in the browsers. By default, our PC accumulates files every time we visit a page. This will slow down our PC. To prevent this from affecting our PC’s performance, we only need to visit our browser history and cache.